EnduraprepAll plans by this Coach
A 16 week Ultra Marathon training plan.
The plan is based on four runs per week with two strength and conditioning sessions per week.
The workouts are built using rate of perceived exertion (RPE) but the descriptions give instructions of how to use heart rate zones with this training plan.
This would be a great plan for the first time ultra runner. However, if you have covered more than a marathon distance before but have not trained following a structured plan you would be sure to see great results with this plan.
The plan starts with four weeks of aerobic running. Later phases add hill repetitions, tempo and progression runs. The plan also has reduced volume recovery weeks.
The plan tapers down in the final two weeks with instructions for a Saturday or Sunday race.
This plan is suitable for off road marathon and up to 60 mile events. Instructions are given on how to adapt the weekend run for different events.
At Enduraprep we have worked with athletes towards ultra events such as Badwater 135 and Marathon Des Sables. We know our approach works if you follow it with consistency and discipline.
This plan would match very well with the results from our VO2 Max testing. The plan includes how to use the zones from these tests.
For more information on testing with Enduraprep in Cardiff go to www.enduraprep.co.uk/testing
We'd love to hear how you get on with following this plan. Follow us on socials @enduraprep and be sure to tag us in your training snaps. We look forward to seeing you in action!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.