50K Ultramarathon on 55 mpw (24 wk plan) || Advanced/Intermediate
Lifelong Endurance - Coach Andrew Simmons
50K Ultramarathon on 55 mpw (24 wk plan)
"It's not what you get from your training, it's what you become from your training"
Who is this plan for?
A dynamic 50K plan for a beginner looking to take a step into ultras or an experienced marathoner looking to test themselves on a new course. The plan is designed with average times for Long Runs to help you plan your weekend plans whereas day to day runs give instruction and mileage.
This plan has a peak week of 60 miles beginning with 34 miles per week perfect for an intermediate to advanced athlete looking to take on a smart plan with 24 weeks to their goal race.
This plan is long and is designed for people that need the base mileage build up and are starting it no less than a current ability of 30 miles per week.
This plan is designed for a rolling to moderately hilly race course.
Before you jump in you should be able to complete:
- Multiple Trail Half Marathons
- At least 1 prior Trail Marathon
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.