Mountain Ultra Marathon - 100 mile 23 Week Training Plan - Advanced
Doug StewartAll plans by this Coach
A dedicated 23 week plan tailored for the unique demands of mountain ultra marathons of 100 mile distance, written by an experienced Coach and Mountain Runner, Sky Runner who has completed many of the hardest mountain races and ultra marathons including Lavaredo Ultra Trail, Trofeo Kima, Tromso Skyrace and the Glen Coe Skyline.
This is designed for advanced athletes, with many years of training experience.
It is 23 weeks long and features 3 build weeks followed by a recovery week before moving to 2 build weeks and 1 recovery week as training intensifies. It has a three week taper.
Designed for mountainous trail races, such as mountain ultra marathons events up to c.100 mile distance.
Requires access to hills or a treadmill for certain workouts and a HR monitor.
Time based rather than distance.
Suitable for those looking to finish or those looking for a fast time as optional for harder or easier workouts.
Race day advice provided throughout the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|11:20 hrs||8:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||11:20 hrs||8:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?