16 week Ultra Marathon Training plan 50k to 90k
Toby Leyland Coach @ The Endurance HabitAll plans by this Coach
A 16 week training plan to prepare you for a 50k to 90k ultra marathon. Each week has a particular focus and the overall plan is split into four 4 week blocks.
This plan assumes a basic level of fitness and a minimum level of running specific training, if not then a bespoke targeted plan may be more suitable.
One of the prime foundations is the principle of consistency each day, each week and each month. This can include daily checks on your health and wellness, introducing active recovery sessions, establishing a strength training routine that can be completed week in week out.
Every week will include a variety of training sessions with the objective to help your body adapt in order to prepare for the event, some weeks will include a higher number of runs, others higher intensity, some wil include back to back or double day runs. Every variation is designed to help stimulate and improve your endurance habit so you are ready for race day.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?