Michele Pettinger, RRCA Certified Running Coach @P3|RunningAll plans by this Coach
This plan is written for the athlete training for a 50 mile to 100K trail race that has a base of 35 miles a week and is running a minimum of 4 days/week. In addition to the weekend long run, aerobic and recovery runs, the plan includes hill workouts and steady state and tempo workouts to improve the athlete's endurance and neuromuscular efficiency.
The first 4 weeks the athlete will spend time establishing a deeper base to eventually dive in to hill repeats in Week 5, Steady State workouts will begin in Week 6. The athlete will replace specified Hill and Steady State work with Tempo work starting in week 10 as the weekend long run mileage grows. Tempo runs will alternate with some hilly mid-week runs as well as drop weeks throughout the remainder of the plan.
Drop weeks and Recovery runs are in place to keep the athlete healthy and injury free.
A 50K race is suggested in Week 19 to test fitness and practice race day clothing and nutrition.
The plan also includes Core and Hip Stability and Strength workouts to ensure that the athlete is caring for their foundation.
Coach Michele also offers one, 15-minute complementary phone call to answer questions.
Coach Michele not only currently trains for and races for ultra distances up to 100 miles, but she has coached several athletes to ultra distance finishes at the 50K, 50 mile, 100K, and 100 mile distances.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.