Hal Higdon: 10-Mile Novice
Hal HigdonAll plans by this Coach
Hal Higdon: 10-Mile Novice: This 10-week training program is designed for Novice runners training for a 10-Mile run. It should be most helpful for first-timers, those who have done little or no running before. If you are very experienced--a runner used to doing at least some speed training--you might be happier with one of my other training programs (Intermediate or Advanced) for the 10-Mile. Each day I will send you an email telling you what to run and offering training tips. For more information and directions, visit my website: halhigdon.com.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:47 hrs||1:19 hrs|
|1:16 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:03 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:47 hrs||1:19 hrs|
||1:16 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:03 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?