Adam HodgesAll plans by this Coach
You’ve done the training — your fitness is “in the bank” — and now it’s time to ensure you arrive at the starting line fresh and sharp. Although there is no one-size-fits-all approach to tapering, the key rules are to decrease your volume while maintaining or increasing intensity.
If you’re racing distances from 10K to 30K, then plan for a one-week to two-week taper before your target race. If you’re racing marathons or ultramarathons, then plan for a two-week to three-week taper before your target race.
This 3-week training block provides a blueprint to help you shape your own race taper. If you’ve gone through the Alp Fitness training block progression, then use the coupon code found in the Endurance Training, Lactate Threshold Training, or VO2max Training plans to add this plan to your calendar at no cost.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?