Adam HodgesAll plans by this Coach
This plan helps runners with a well-established aerobic base build intensity and taper for their target event. It builds upon the previous plan in this series, the 20-week Base Training plan [using power]. Use this plan to build upon your aerobic base over the final 6 to 8 weeks before your A-priority race, sharpening your fitness with anaerobic VO2max and muscular endurance training.
The two plans that lead up to this plan are:
- Trail Running Pre-Base Prep (8 weeks) [using power]
- Trail Running Base Training (20 weeks) + Event Taper (4 weeks) [using power]
Consult the Alp Fitness website (alpfitness.com) for supplemental videos, tools and resources to use along with this plan. Train smart!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?