Power Based - Trail Marathon - 50km Ultra 18 Week Training Plan With Strength and Conditioning
Doug StewartAll plans by this Coach
A dedicated 18 week power based plan with structured workouts tailored for the unique demands of trail marathons - up to 50km distance, written by an experienced trail running Coach and Mountain Runner, and ultra runner who has completed many of the hardest mountain races including Trofeo Kima, Tromso Skyrace, Glen Coe Skyline and UTMB.
It is 18 weeks long and features 3 build weeks followed by a recovery week and a three week taper.
Designed for trail races for events up to c.50km distance.
It includes a progressive Strength and Conditioning plan with 2 workouts per build week and 1 per recovery week that compliments the stage of run training - starting with Stability, before moving through Strength and then Power Phases.
Requires access to hills or a treadmill for certain workouts and a running power meter.
Time based rather than distance.
Suitable for those looking to finish or those looking for a fast time as optional for harder or easier workouts.
Race day advice provided throughout the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?