Coronavirus Maintenance Plan
Clare PearsonAll plans by this Coach
Be inspired! Be the best you can be.
This plan is designed specifically those who are unable to leave the house and wish to maintain some trail running fitness; the only extra equipment you will benefit from is a skipping rope.
- For trail runners who wish to maintain some base fitness
- For those wanting to train 6 days per week and to train twice on some days
- Designed for those unable to get out of the house
- Introductory pack included with the plan
- Longest training session is 1.5 hours
- Most training hours in one week is 8 hours 23 minutes
This programme be adapted to suit a variety of levels of fitness; it is a maintenance programme
When introducing a new exercise regime into your plan, even if you are already very fit, you need to do so with care, whilst you will be working the muscles you use in trail running, you will be doing so in a different, at times much more intense way. Start gradually and if anything hurts beyond expected muscle fatigue, back off and take some time to rest.
There is one day off planned each week, usually Friday.
It assumes you do not have access to any equipment other than a skipping rope (non-essential)
It works on a three week cycle, the idea is that you can repeat the cycle as many times as needed until you are able to get back out onto the trails.
If you are not sure about any of the exercises please do contact me at email@example.com, I would far rather you did this and cause yourself an injury by doing an exercise with poor form
- Weeks 1-2 are 'hard' weeks with workouts planned for 6 days to work on endurance as well as up-hill running strength.
- Week 3 is an easy week where you can absorb the training, have a mental break and focus on others things
- Once you are able to get back outdoors start with an easier week of running and build in run workouts gradually to avoid injury.
It is based on a 3 week cycle (2 weeks hard and one week easy).
If you are interested in this programme but not sure if it is the right one for you please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:18 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|1:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:40 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:18 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||1:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:40 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?