Hal Higdon: 8K Advanced
Hal HigdonAll plans by this Coach
Hal Higdon: 8K Advanced: This plan is designed for Advanced runners training for an 8K race. I would define Advanced runners as individuals who compete regularly in races up to 8K or beyond and who want to improve their performances. You should be capable of running 30 to 60 minutes a day, five to seven days a week and have a basic understanding of how to do speedwork. If that sounds like too much training, and this is your first 8K race, you might be more comfortable using one of the programs designed for Novice or Intermediate runners. Each day I will send you an email message telling you what to run and also offering training tips. For more information and directions, visit my website at halhigdon.com.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:37 hrs||1:04 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:37 hrs||1:04 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?