Advanced 15km Trail Running Training Plan (V3.1) - 12 weeks
MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
A training plan for an Advanced Trail Runner who has already built up a considerable base and would like to peak for a 15km event.
The training starts at 4 hours and 52 minutes a week and builds to a maximum of 8 hours and 36 minutes per week. (including Strength and Flexibility training)
The plan is based on %MHR (Max Heart rate) so you will need a heart rate monitor.
What is included?
Together with this plan, you will get sport-specific flexibility and core strengthing plans.
You will have access to our FREE training tools to help you set up your training zones accurately.
What you can expect?
Week 1 -Test week
Weeks 2 to 8 - Build Phase Training
Week 9 - Race Simulation week
Week 10 to 11 - Peak training weeks
Week 12 - Race week
For the Run Test:
You will need access to a 5km running route that you can use without restriction.
##Must have a Heart Rate Monitor.
If you have any questions, schedule a FREE virtual consultation through our website.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?