Fell/hill/trail running - strengths and weakness (strategic planning)
John HampshireAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Be inspired! Be the best you can be.
For a 10km to 15km Trail Race with climb of 200m to 400m.
- For Beginners
- For races from 10 to 15km with 200 to 400m of climb
- Designed for those who want to train with a heartrate monitor
- Introductory pack included with the plan
- Longest training session is 1.5 hours
- Most training hours in one week is 3.5 hours
This is a beginners programme
You do not need to be an experienced runner to begin this programme. It starts with 30 minutes of steady running 3 times per week, so if you can do this you are ready to start the programme.
There are three training sessions prescribed for each week, so it is ideal for those who do not have much time.
Training days are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, but so long as you leave a day in between sessions, you could use different regular training days.
The plan has your target race on Sunday, but it could be a Saturday race.
It is based on heartrate zones, but can be adapted for those who do not have a heartrate monitor.
If you are not sure about training zones and would like to know more before you buy you can check out this blog created by John: What does a heart rate monitor tell you?
- Weeks 1-12 work on your base fitness and increase your endurance.
- Weeks 12 - 18 work on up-hill running strength and down-hill running skills.
- Weeks 12 - 24 work on some flat speed.
It is based on 3 week cycles (2 weeks hard and one week easy).
If you are interested in this programme but not sure if it is the right one for you please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor