Marathon 16 Week Advanced Training Plan
Dave BurgessAll plans by this Coach
This marathon plan is geared towards the individual who has a solid base, which included speed as well as speed endurance / threshold work.
This plan incorporates all quality aspects required: Aerobic, high aerobic, speed, and speed endurance. The focus of this plan is on quality rather than quantity allowing for a high performance approach, targeting a fast effort on marathon race day.
There is a baseline regression rate test early in the plan, with a spreadsheet that will then enter in some HR data to help dial in heart rate training zones for the duration of the plan.
Should you have any questions regarding this plan, please feel free to contact me. email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?