Gale BernhardtAll plans by this Coach
This 16-Week training plan is for the intermediate, experienced runner looking to step-up the pace and complete a 10-mile event averaging between 8 and 11 minutes-per-mile. The intermediate plan is written for the experienced runner intending to finish the event between 1:20 and 1:50. If you use the training plan “as is”, it is a 16-week program. The first week of the plan has you running three or four days. Two of the days are 30-minute runs and the third day is a 45- to 60-minute run. The plan progresses to a long run around two hours in length in Week 9.
Find the supporting documents you need to help you with this plan at this link.
You can find more training plan choices at THIS HOT LINK.
The runners using this plan differ from those using the beginner plan in that they:
- have been running at least three days a week for a couple of months prior to beginning this plan.
- have the current endurance or past experience that makes running for an hour seem easily achievable.
- have likely run several 5k and 10k events in the past couple of years.
- feel confident they run the event between 1:20 and 1:50.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?