Zero to Hero: Beginner Bodyweight Training Plan For Runners
Mark WhittleAll plans by this Coach
The Zero to Hero: Beginner Bodyweight Training Plan For Runners is designed for the beginner runner who wants to take their running to the next level. This training plan will improve your running speed and endurance whilst also helping to keep your body healthy, strong and free from injury. The Zero to Hero: Beginner Bodyweight Training Plan For Runners has been specifically designed for beginner runners and targets the functional strength required for newer runners to become successful on their running journey.
Overview: the plan is designed to take you through a progressive set of functional bodyweight exercises that will supplement your normal running training. Each session will take up to 20 minutes and you have 8 comprehensive sessions in your plan. As you are a beginner runner you may not be too familiar with all of the exercises, therefore we have provided descriptions of all of the exercises and as this is a bodyweight training plan, no exercise equipment is required (so you are able to complete each session in the comfort of your own home if you so wish).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?