Adam HodgesAll plans by this Coach
If you’re a self-coached runner who is looking for a set of structured workouts you can draw from to create your own training plan, this workout library is for you. This is not a “training plan” but rather a comprehensive set of structured workouts organized by workout type.
Each type of workout has a particular purpose — that is, it targets a particular training effect. You will find a general description of each workout type followed by several specific workouts in that category. Workouts are structured using heart rate training ranges in the TrainingPeaks workout builder. You are also given perceived exertion cues associated with the target intensities.
The specific structured workouts provide a set of parameters to work within. For example, a lactate threshold workout that prescribes 8-minute cruise intervals with a 2-minute recovery in between indicates doing between 2-8 of these intervals. Adjust the workouts within the parameters provided to tailor to your unique circumstances and objectives.
The workout library includes over 40 structured running workouts across these workout categories:
- Recovery workouts
- Endurance workouts
- Tempo workouts
- Lactate threshold workouts
- VO2max workouts
- Anaerobic capacity workouts
Workout descriptions include mental skills training prompts integrated into the running workouts.
To effectively use this workout library, you will need a TrainingPeaks Premium account, which allows you to move workouts around on your calendar and create a workout library where you can save the workouts for later use.
For guidance on how to create your own custom training plan and apply these workouts to your training, see the "Guide to Creating Your Training Plan" on the Alp Fitness website (alpfitness.com).
The workout library can be used by any runner regardless of your focus or distance — trails, road, track, 5K, 10K, marathon, ultramarathon.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.