Kara GoucherAll plans by this Coach
This program is a base building program. This program is geared for someone who is returning to running after a break due to a race or injury. It's also a great program for someone who has a goal race that is off in the future and needs some training to do until they start their specified buildup. Athletes who are hoping to train for a 10k, half marathon, or marathon down the road would benefit from doing this base program first. It is written for someone who wants to run 5 days a week, is willing to do a couple of core sessions a week, and at the end of the block can do a couple of double runs. This program will leave you strong and ready to tackle a training program for a goal race. It will give you a base so that you feel great and are less likely to get injured.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.