Peak Endurance SolutionsAll plans by this Coach
This is a beginner running-specific threshold boosting plan designed to help runners or triathletes improve their threshold fitness. This training plan is prescribed and individualized based on pace, heart rate, and Rating of Perceived Exertion (1-10 scale) and assumes that an athlete has the equipment necessary to run indoors or outdoors. This training plan includes structured workouts that allow you to sync it with indoor training platforms, like Zwift, so that you can follow along to workouts on your preferred training platform indoors or outdoors (if you use a GPPS watch like a Garmin or Wahoo). This plan is designed for athletes that have minimal history of consistent run training. Finally, it is recommended that the athlete has the ability and basic competency to run without pain. This is plan that can be utilized during the off-season to improve run-specific threshold fitness or during any period of the year in which the athlete would want to increase threshold fitness for a competitive event.
Additionally, this plan can also be used in conjunction with other training sessions you may have as a runner (e.g., strength sessions, cross-training sessions, etc.) or as a multi-sport athlete (e.g., swim sessions, bike sessions, strength sessions, etc.). However, it can also be done as a stand-alone training plan if that is how you prefer to utilize it.
Basic equipment needed to successfully complete the run sessions within this training plan include:
-proper run clothing and attire
-GPS run watch
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.