Dara WittenbergAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for the novice runner, for whom the target race is probably their first Half Marathon.The plan will get you to race day healthy and ready to complete the race feeling good.
To begin this training plan you should already be able to run 3 miles without stopping and your schedule should allow you to be able to run 3 or 4 times a week.
If you are over the age of 40 you should get a physical before you begin.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?