Ryan Eckert, MS, CSCSAll plans by this Coach
This is a beginner strength training plan designed for the needs of runners (road running, trail running, etc.) that can be used, applied, and laid over their usual run training. The plan itself is designed to be 16 weeks in length and to be repeated over and over until the athlete is ready to progress onto the intermediate run-specific strength training plan.
A "beginner" in the case of this specific strength training plan is someone that is entirely new to strength training or someone with less than 3-6 months of strength training experience previously.
This training plan comes with a few documents/resources that will prove useful to athletes while following along to the prescribed plan:
1. Strength Training Foundations for Endurance Athletes eBook - Contains basic educational and background material as it relates to strength training that will help the athlete successfully complete the strength training sessions and to learn about the benefits of strength training for endurance athletes; this eBook also comes with an Exercise Technique Guidebook included as an appendix. This appendix contains pictures and descriptions of over 80 exercises that will help the athlete successfully complete strength training sessions prescribed within the plan
In order to be able to successfully complete the prescribed strength training sessions within this plan, the athlete will need access to a gym with all of the basic strength training equipment, including:
-various weight plates and free weights
Most other strength training equipment is not necessary as the majority of exercises prescribed are done with body-weight or free weights (i.e., dumbbells, barbells, etc.).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?