Running Foundation | Intermediate | 4 Week - Part 4
Mark SaroniAll plans by this Coach
Winning is a Mindset Not a Spot on the Podium
This plan is for an intermediate runner who wants to build a strong running base after a break. This plan maintains a polarized training model with 80-90% of Zone 1 & Zone 2 running. The plan addresses running form through the use of drills & speed development. Hill training & tempo work is introduced in the final phases of the plan once the athlete has built a consistent base of training.
"Coach Mark is exceptional! Because of his coaching, I am able to compete again in a sport I love. I greatly appreciate & value his professionalism, dedication, & expertise."
Wondering if this plan is right for you?
CONTACT us & we'll help you make the right decision
- Progresses very gradually in volume & intensity
- Plan progresses from 6.5 ➡ 7 hours of training per week
- Improves run form with a variety of running drills
- Emphasis on strength training & mobility
- Plan can be re-used year after year
- Best used 12 to 40 weeks out before a race
Example Running Drills
- GPS or stopwatch
- Access to basic strength & mobility equipment (stretch cords, free weights)
- *A HR monitor is recommended but not required
- Unlimited athlete-initiated email support
- Detailed workout instructions
- Intervals set to your specific training zones
- Workout exports to Garmin, Zwift, & other platforms
📩 Additional Information
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?