MAF Heart Rate 15-25km weekly running plan (Maximum Aerobic Function)
Thrive EnduranceAll plans by this Coach
Welcome to our 6 week MAF heart rate running plan challenge. This plan is for people that are capable of running 15-25 km a week. Our goals with this running plan is for you to develop MAF heart rate (maximum aerobic capacity). At first you might think this impossible but we promise if you stick to the plan and follow our guidance you will see a good progression in how much distance you can travel in our 5 min sets. Our challenge to you is to measure the distance you can travel over a 5 min period in week 1 and compare at the end of the 6 week plan. We want you to throw out the window any preconceived ideas of what pace you think you should be running and just focus on running/walking at under your MAF heart no matter how slow it is. The good thing is the slower you actually are compared to you think your run pace is the more room for improvement you have. If you're up for the challenge let get you started.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?