Eric OrtonAll plans by this Coach
This 20-week 80/110K Ultra Run training plan requires the use of a heart rate monitor. It was designed by Eric Orton using his proven training principles developed from 21 years of coaching experience. It works well for seasoned runners and following this plan will prepare you for your 80/110K by including all of the elements used by Eric in training his personal coached ultra runners.
To start this plan you should have completed a 90 minute long run or more and have an experienced background in running, including marathons. The workouts included in most weeks alllow you to customize the plan to your capacity for weekly volume. Weekends are very specific, with a focus on "quality" back to back runs. The exception is in R&R weeks every fourth week when training is greatly reduced for 4-5 days. These R&R weeks will allow for adaptation and improved performance.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?