You are just beginning your exercise program and want to build
a good basic endurance level and keep the training enjoyable and sensible.
Training program can be used as base person who is starting to learn about endurance training.
Fist two weeks have 2 easier session, one fast interval session and one longer session.
The last week has one easy session, long run and fast session.
Adapt the training program to your everyday life by changing the session order, but try to ensure that the hard&fast session has several days between the long run. If you don't have any exercise background, cut the duration by 50%. Some of the sessions can be replaced with other activities i.e. cycling and swimming if there is background of injuries.
Follow the beginner program for few months to get used to the weekly training routine. Then look for next program, fitness enthusiast program.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.