Dan HolmesAll plans by this Coach
This strength and conditioning program has been designed around a 12 week cycle and is based on doing three sessions per week. One of these is a longer 60 minute session, the remaining two are shorter 30 minute sessions that can be performed after an easier run day.
The program has been divided into 5 blocks, described below:
4 weeks of basic strength
3 weeks of balance & stabilization work
2 weeks of plyometric work
2 weeks of general maintenance
1 week of race prep
These can be extended/shortened, depending on your training plan and should complement your run training, rather than inhibit it.
Perform the exercises perfectly, focusing on form rather than speed or weights lifted.
*You may wish to shuffle the days around according to how your run week is structured, this has been designed around the idea that your harder runs in the week are Tuesday and Friday, with your long run at the weekend on a Sunday.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.