2-Mile Sub 18:00 APFT Military Training Plan
Jonny MellorAll plans by this Coach
The Army's Basic Training Physical Fitness Test (APFT) is a three-event physical performance test used to assess endurance. It is used to measure a your physical strengths, abilities, and cardio-respiratory fitness. This plan is designed to help you achieved a time inside 18-minutes for the 2-mile distance alongside specific strength work for runners, which will help you meet the required standard for push ups and sit ups.
Whether you're just thinking about joining the US Army, have applied, or are waiting to join you can build your fitness and fly through your tests with JM Coaching. Follow a personalised or custom-built plan today and get ready to inspire and face the challenges of the future.
Our plans are progressive and can help you safely train for your fitness testing over a 3-month period devised by British International athlete Jonny Mellor.
Combining a mixture of easy running, interval work and hills this plan will help you build fitness to tackle the fitness test head on.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?