Strength Endurance for Intermediate to Advanced Runners - 12 week Training Plan
Eric OrtonAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week training plan requires the use of a heart rate monitor and is designed for the experienced runner who has a solid base of running and is looking to develop better strength endurance during the off season or non-racing season. This plan works great for those 10k to ultra distance runners looking to continue to build fitness and remain "sharp" during non-racing times of year. Following this plan will improve lactate threshold, build strength endurance and foundational leg strength. The workouts included in most weeks allow you to customize the plan to your capacity for weekly volume. with long weekend runs topping out at 2 hours. Workout descriptions are very specific, with a focus on "quality" runs. R&R weeks every fourth week when training is greatly reduced for 4-5 days. These R&R weeks will allow for adaptation and improved performance.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?