Coach Boris Youth 3K or 2 mile Run Speed Improvement
Boris RobinsonAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is designed specifically for youth ages 10-15 years old interested in improving their 3K or 2 mile time in 8 weeks. This is a detailed 8-week plan, which focuses on improving a young runner’s speed and decreasing their overall running time. The workouts will follow a periodization approach to your training. Included in this program are run workouts and specific fitness exercises that will improve your running speed. The workouts are various drills, stretching techniques, as well as strength building exercises that will help improve technique, speed, and endurance.
Age 10-15 years old
Possess a running background
Able to run 2 miles without stopping
Access to a track or running trail
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:33 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:41 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|0:31 hrs||0:25 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:33 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:41 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||0:31 hrs||0:25 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?