Peak Running Fitness for the Non-Racer - 12 week Training Plan by Eric Orton
Eric OrtonAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week Peak Fitness training plan requires the use of a heart rate monitor and is designed for the non-racing runner. It was designed by Eric Orton using his proven training principles developed from 11 years of coaching experience and detailed in the book Born To Run. The 12 week plan works well for runners who have completed the 8 Week Getting Started Strength Endurance Program and is committed to running 2-4 hours per week. Following this plan will build peak strength endurance and fitness. The workouts included in most weeks allow you to customize the plan to your capacity for weekly volume. Workout descriptions are very specific, with a focus on "quality" runs. R&R weeks every fourth week when training is greatly reduced for 4-5 days. These R&R weeks will allow for adaptation and improved performance.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:57 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:57 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?