Charles KyleAll plans by this Coach
A faster 10-k Running Program
Designed for Beginner to Intermediate runners who use TrainingPeaks and Heart Rate Training, this training plan helps you increase your 10 pace.
This plan lasts 8-weeks (weekday run workout averages about 45-minutes a session and weekends 1 to 2 hours), helping you build a solid threshold pace so you can begin training for your next event.
During the first week, we determine your training zones and "getting ready to train". In the next 6-weeks, we teach your body to utilize oxygen as efficiently as possible. We build your aerobic engine. We will utilize three works a week. One day doing intervals, preferably on a track or flat area, one day tempo run, and one long run. We are utilizing the run less but run faster philosophy
When you look at the running workouts in TrainingPeaks, you have a choice to use the traditional or structured workout format. Certain devices (Wahoo, Garmin, Zwift, and more) load the workouts automatically, allowing you to see the workout and your specific interval numbers directly on the device (structured format).
Need help loading your structured workouts to your device or smart trainer?
Click here to read instructions.
Chuck has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling, running, and strength trainingClick here for a full list of his current plans by sports type.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please text 703-952-3414 or email Coach Chuck.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.