Jonny MellorAll plans by this Coach
Inadequate recovery following the marathon can put you at a greater risk of injury and over training syndrome leaving you feeling flat and tired going into your next block of training.
Having invested so much time and effort into the build up, it’s easy to neglect your post marathon recovery and despite feeling recovered it could take up to 26-days to fully recover.
This does not mean you can’t train in the 26-days following the event; in fact light training can help to speed your recovery and set you up for future challenges down the line.
My 26-day marathon recovery program can help get you back on the road and make the most of the fitness gained in training for the marathon.
Along the way I share useful hints and tips to get the most out of the program and get you back running at your best in know time at all!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:38 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:38 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?