Runners: Improve your fatigue resistance in four weeks
Jonathan DugasAll plans by this Coach
This is a simple, evidence-based training plan for a six-week mesocycle. It is most appropriate for beginner and intermediate runners who are running 20-25 miles per week, but can be handy for advanced athletes who are pressed for time and require shorter, high-quality workouts that will produce results.
The aim is to improve fatigue resistance and help you maintain your running speed during a race or other sustained effort. The target speed is slightly faster than your most recent 5k race pace. The interval duration is 400 m (0.25 miles). It is preceded by one week of readiness workouts and possibly a 5k time trial, and followed by a short taper and post-program 5k time trial.
The calculation of your interval pace is described in the workouts. if you have questions after purchasing the training plan, please email me!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?