Jonny MellorAll plans by this Coach
The marathon Taper Plan is designed for those looking for extra guidance during the final stages of their marathon build up.
The taper is crucial to make sure you arrive at the marathon in peak physical condition and not waste the miles and miles of hard work and sacrifices you've made so far.
This plan contains a PDF file attached to each 'Monday' with details for the week and how to get the most out of the three week plan.
The goal of this schedule is to ensure you adapt and recover from the training so far, but arrive at the start line fresh and crucially not feeling lethargic. To prevent this I've also suggested some ideal taper workouts.
A marathon should be treated with the respect it deserves and should not be treated lightheartedly, remember fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
By purchasing this programme you are also helping to support my own athletic career, while allowing me time to focus and dedicate to achieving my own athletic aspirations.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?