Hal Higdon: Marathon 3
Hal HigdonAll plans by this Coach
Hal Higdon: Marathon 3 This program fits conveniently between Novice 2 and Intermediate 1, but its main feature (and appeal) is that it offers only three days of running and an extra dose of cross training for those of us who need a bit more rest between our running workouts. Marathon 3, thus, is for experienced runners, those who have been running a year or two or more and who have raced at distances between 5-K and the marathon. It is not an easy program. Expect to run more miles on those three days. You will also run three long runs of 20 miles in a program lasting 24 weeks. Each day I will send you an email telling you how to train, offering tips as well. For more information, visit my websire, halhigdon.com.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:30 hrs||3:20 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:00 hrs||0:15 hrs|
|0:32 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:50 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:30 hrs||3:20 hrs|
||0:00 hrs||0:15 hrs|
||0:32 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:50 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?