Vision Quest CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This plan is intended for a first time marathoner who wants to be prepared to complete 26.2 miles. It will likely start a little too aggressively for a complete beginner, so if your are not already comfortable running at least a 5k or active in some other endurance sport, we would recommend starting with our 8-week 5k or 10k training plans prior to beginning this plan.
Aerobic endurance and proper pacing are the most important qualities to successfully completing a marathon, so this plan focuses on a steady increase in weekly training volume and run intensity is limited. Cross-training is recommended once a week, and as an optional replacement for one weekly run for those who may be dealing with an injury or who have a history of running-related injuries.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.