Scott IottAll plans by this Coach
Is your goal to run a marathon in 3:30? If so this plan is for you!
This is a 12-week marathon training plan. You may find this article to preview the specific details of the plan by going to www.trainingbible.com and clicking on Free Resources. (more...)
In order to reasonably assume that you are capable of running a marathon in 3:30 with proper training it is assumed that you have run other marathons within 20 minutes of this goal time or have run a 10k in the past year in at least 45 minutes or faster or a half marathon in at least 1:39. If that is not the case then you may need to reconsider your goal and purchase a different goal-time plan.
This plan is based on 3 weeks of increasing intensity load specific to your marathon goal followed by 4 days of recovery and testing before resuming training for the next 4-week period. Alternative cross-training workouts are suggested for recovery days along with easy run options. Weekly volume varies from 5 hours per week to 8 hours per week. Most weeks are around 7 hours. There is a day off every Monday to allow for recovery and rejuvenation.
If you have training questions, you may email coach Scott, email@example.com.
You should start this plan 12 weeks prior to your marathon. It will guide you day by day to your goal. All you need to do is follow the daily workout schedule. It has worked for many runners over the past 7 years.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.