Run a sub 4:00 marathon- 16 week marathon plan
Scott IottAll plans by this Coach
This is a 16 week marathon training plan designed for a runner who has a goal of completing the race in under 4 hours. This plan is designed using traditional training periodization with 3 building weeks followed by 1 recovery week. Within the progression of each block of training, the purpose of the long run advances. This plan includes speedwork, tempo runs, and active recovery sessions.
Included in this plan are 4-5 runs each week. The weekly mileage starts at 27 and works up to a peak of 49. Wednesdays are used for recovery days and Saturday is your long run. Every Sunday is an optional crosstraining day.
This plan also includes strength training twice a week for the first 8 weeks of the plan. These will be exercises that you can do at home or in a small gym which don't require the use of much equipment.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?