The CoachAll plans by this Coach
You ever wondered how Kenyan athletes train? What about the fact that they break and hold a lot of records in marathon? Why are they so dominant? Is it training, nutrition, or altitude?
Many researches have been done to solve the mystery, but in the end it is the consistent training that gives you the best result. Ready for pure training heritage? No fancy GPS, power and crazy metrics, let's try "The Keyan Way" of training. Here is your chance. Right from Eldoret (Kenya) where all the action happens.
Keep in mind that in order for you to start this marathon plan you should be able to be running 5 times a week continuously for 60 minutes or more or you have completed our Intermediate Marathon 15 weeks plan.
While the program runs a full length of 15 weeks, it is advisable to skip into the last 3 weeks - the tapering stage- in case a marathon race will come up before you end the entire program.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.