Kara GoucherAll plans by this Coach
This is a marathon plan for novice runners. This plan is for athletes who have not run the marathon before, and are looking to commit more time and training for a satisfying outcome in their first upcoming marathon. Athletes in this plan will build a base level of fitness entering the plan. They will be running 6 days a week, with one double run a week, 1-2 core sessions a week, one strength training session a week, and an occasional walk after a long run. Athletes in this plan have trained for a marathon before, but want to do consistent training and see where that takes them. They want to use all tools, including mental training, to help them be the most well-rounded athlete they can be.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.