20 WEEK Intermediate Marathon plan WORKING athlete, 4 runs per week
Scott IottAll plans by this Coach
This marathon training plan is designed with the WORKING athelte in mind. Each week is built around 4 runs and 3 days off. This program starts at 25 miles per week and builds up to a maximum of 50 miles. The highlight of this program is the quality running included in the weekly long run. There is an 8 week build period leading up to your goal race that includes speedwork on the track and intensity-focused long runs. The weekly long run builds up to 22-24 miles. Happy running!!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?