42km - 4 days a week Marathon Plan (Structured Workouts - PACE)
Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week plan is developed for athletes running with power who are training for a full marathon. This marathon plan is based solely on power and duration. It is intended for the runner that has 4 available days per week to train. Starting with 4 hours per week and progressing to a peak of 6 hours per week. Long run is on a Sunday
Prior to starting you need to know your lactate threshold pace and need to input this into your athlete zones for pace and the Joe Friel (7) for calculating the relevant zones
Once calculated stay within the pace ranges especially on the high intensity workouts as this will reduce the possibility of the introduction latent excess fatigue.
On weeks 6 and 10 there are Critical Velocity and Time Trials to check and if after the test there is an adjustment in your lactate threshold pace, this will need to be updated in your trainingpeaks athlete zones.
Join and like my Facebook page @pinnaclemultisport where you can post your queries on your plan and will provide feedback
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?