42km EXPERIENCED Sub 3:00 hour Marathon Plan (Structured Workouts - PACE)
Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
This plan is for the experience athlete running at least 50 kms per week over 5 sessions
To break 3:00 hr you should eventually be capable of a sub 1:25 hr half marathon and a sub 38:00 min 10 km and should be able to run for 1:30 hr non-stop.
The plan starts with 60kms/week and at it's peak hits 100km/week, with the long run on a Sunday
Prior to starting you need to know your lactate threshold pace and need to input this into your athlete zones for pace and the Joe Friel (7) for calculating the relevant zones. Refer to the notes in the plan.
Once calculated stay within the pace ranges especially on the high intensity workouts as this will reduce the possibility of the introduction latent excess fatigue.
Join and like my Facebook page @pinnaclemultisport where you can post your queries on your plan and will provide feedback
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?