Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
STRYD Power meter or similar, using Coros, Garmin Polar etc
This plan is for the experience athlete running at least 50 kms per week over 5 sessions
To break 3:00 hr you should be capable of a sub 1:25 hr half marathon and a sub 38:00 min 10 km and should be able to run for 1:30 hr non-stop.
This 16 week plan is developed for athletes running with power who are training for a 42km. This 42km plan is based solely on power and distance. It is intended for the runner that has 7 available days per week to train. The plan starts on a Monday with the long run is on a Sunday
As a guide your current STRYD CP should be near to 4.0 W/kg.
The power intensity targets for workouts are based on the runner's FTP or CP. As instructed with plan calendar details, if you would like assistance in determining your FTP, please contact me through this site. If you have not already calculated your Critical Power, refer to https://support.stryd.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003989074-How-do-I-perform-a-critical-power-test-and-get-my-critical-power-and-zones-
Once calculated stay within the power ranges especially on the high intensity workouts as this will reduce the possibility of the introduction latent excess fatigue.
On weeks 6 and 12 there are Critical Power and Time Trials to check and automatically adjust your Critical Power.
As you near the end of the plan, feel free to contact me for planning your power target for the 42km.
Join and like my Facebook page @pinnaclemultisportcoaching where you can post your queries on your plan and will provide feedback
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.