Marathon for Time/Effort for Intermediate to Advanced Runners; 20 weeks, Moderate intensity
Welcome to the Runners Without Limits Marathon Training plan for Intermediate to Advanced Runners. This 20 week program is designed to help you achieve a time-based goal, PR, or maybe even a qualifying time with moderate intensity runs.
When beginning this training plan, you should:
1) have completed a marathon training cycle and race within the last 2 years
2) have experience with speed work
3) have raced consistently for the last 24 months
4) have been averaging around 20 miles per week for the last 6 months.
5) be able to run or run/walk run for 2 hours in a single workout without too much trouble.
6) be able to commit to 20 weeks of training, including good rest, nutrition, hydration, and recovery practices.
Tracking Device: ie Garmin, Polar, Suunto, etc. that can track miles, time, and heart rate.
Foam Roller or other recovery device.
Resistance Bands for post-run strength.
What is included:
20 weeks of training leading up to your Marathon.
2 weeks post-Marathon for recovery in a separate plan, which you will have access to later.
Email Access to Coach Heather for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exclusive Videos for participants to include training tips, workout breakdowns, Runner's Strength Sessions, and FAQs.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.