Welcome to the Runners Without Limits Marathon plan for First-timers and Fun-time Finishers. This plan is for anyone who either is running their first marathon, or who HAS run a marathon before and is looking to have fun this time around. Time goals are not required, just a desire to get the miles in so you can cross the finish line with a smile.
At the start of this plan, you should be able to run or run/walk for at least 60 minutes, and have averaged 15 miles per week for the last 3 months.
Prior to beginning this plan, it is recommended that you have completed at least one half marathon.
Tracking Device: ie Garmin, Polar, Suunto, etc. that can track miles, time, and heart rate.
Foam Roller or other recovery device.
Resistance Bands for post-run strength.
What is included:
20 weeks of training leading up to your Marathon.
2 weeks post-Marathon for recovery in a separate plan, which you will have access to later.
Email Access to Coach Heather for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exclusive Videos for participants to include training tips, workout breakdowns, Runner's Strength Sessions, and FAQs.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.