Marathon HandbookAll plans by this Coach
Our sub 3 hour marathon program is backwards-engineered around beating the three hour mark.
This goal isn’t for the faint of heart…be prepared to train 6 days a week, including several strength training sessions and speedwork sessions.
Who Is It For?:
Experienced runners – good if you’ve already run a sub 4 hour marathon and have the time and motivation to really push your limits!
Five months // 20 weeks.
More of an overview of this plan and description of the workouts involved:
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?