20 Week Marathon Training Plan - Advanced
Marathon HandbookAll plans by this Coach
Our 20 week advanced marathon training schedule is designed for experienced runners who are really looking to push their limits; whether it’s a new PB or another ambitious target, this training program is intense from week 1 and rachets things up from there. Note that it starts with a 10 mile long run, and includes 3 x 20 mile long runs.
Who Is It For?:
Runners who have a good existing running base and want to really push their limits in their marathon effort. Perhaps you’ve already run a few marathons and are looking to set a new PB. You should already be capable of training several times per week, and run 10 miles continuously.
Five months // 20 weeks.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?