Marathon HandbookAll plans by this Coach
The 24 week couch to marathon training plan is designed for novice runners and people without much of a running base;
It's designed around 4 distinct phases:
i) the 5k
ii) the 10k
iii) half marathon
iv) the marathon
After you complete each phase (which cumulates with running the target race distance), the plan is designed such that you can take a pause from the training plan and do interim training weeks with lesser mileage, before starting the next phase.
The 4 Hour marathon training plan is one of my most popular training plans, and has been used by hundreds of runners.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?