Kelsey RambergAll plans by this Coach
This is an intermediate marathon plan. This would be an ideal plan for a first time marathoner or someone who has done a marathon in the past and is ready to follow a step by step plan. The run work outs in this training plan are based off of pace. They include aerobic capacity, threshold, tempo, and speed work! This plan also includes a verity of strength training, mobility, cross training exercises.
During this marathon program you will build up to running to 3 hours. That is the max an athlete should run during a marathon training cycle. Any more than that, you will do more harm than good and the body will have a hard time recovering. There will also be 2 recovery weeks where we cut back the volume and the intensity. It is still important to move the body during recovery weeks so there will be active recovery runs and work outs.
This marathon training plan has a 2 week taper in which volume drops and intensity increases to some faster than race pace intervals. There is some nutritional guidance for long runs as well as before the race! This is a fun and unique training program! Enjoy!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?